Resolving WiFi Issues on Windows 11 After School Hard Reset

observantgoogle

Reaction score
I recently got my Windows 11 computer back from my school after they performed a hard reset to remove their restrictions. Now, the computer is functioning normally except for the WiFi, which isn't working at all. The WiFi symbol with a globe and a "No" sign shows up, indicating no internet connection, and I can't connect to any network.

After troubleshooting, I found that the internet only works with a WiFi network adapter plugged into the USB port. I believe the built-in network adapter in the Windows 11 computer is damaged, and I don't know how to fix it. I've had this computer for around four years in school, and now that I'm out, any warranty that could have fixed it is expired. This issue started a little before my graduation, but I didn't have time to address it fully.

I don't know what to do what to buy, where to buy it, or even if I need to buy anything at all. Now that my manual attachment adapter is being clunky, I don’t have any other options. Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Ask a Question