Setting Up Windows 11 on New Laptop with Unwanted Account

toniwilson5p

Reaction score
I've set up my new laptop using my work email and Microsoft account. The laptop runs on Windows 11 Home and Pro, and I've also installed a single license of Office on it. However, I'd prefer to set up the laptop with a "local account." How can I do that now that I've already set up the work account on the laptop? Do I need to connect to the internet to make this change? Additionally, will I need to reload the Office license to the laptop after making the change?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Won't guarantee it but I've done it successfully by creating a new User account with a slightly different name, by at least one character, as a Local Account with Administrative rights [with or without password], logged out of the Microsoft Account then rebooted. Get a logon screen with both accounts, log into the Local then remove the Microsoft Account if not wanting it [but be sure to save any documents if wanted]. It's had no effect on installed programs that are installed for All Users but the ones installed for single user have to be installed again.

Forgot to mention, Windows 10 will be Home or Pro unless both are installed in a dual-boot situation. The installation software will install either depending upon the digital licensing.

Last edited:

Ask a Question