Snipping Tool Auto Save malfunction due to OneDrive

Yevukus_Look

Reaction score
After recently adding OneDrive to my system, it initiated automatic backups for Pictures, Desktop, and Documents, as it tends to do. While I understand the intention behind encouraging users to utilize OneDrive storage, the cost of it doesn't align with my needs, so I promptly disabled the backup feature. My usage of OneDrive primarily revolves around simple file transfers between machines, with my storage needs well below 5 GB.
However,after disabling the backup feature and redirecting OneDrive, I encountered an issue with Snipping Tool's auto-saving functionality. Despite thorough checks of the registry for save locations, confirmation of folder properties, and attempts to reset the save location, the problem persisted. Even after unlinking OneDrive, restarting the system, and toggling the "Save Snips" option, the issue remained unresolved.
This appears to be a recognized issue, as evident from various forums and posts within the MS community. Yet, none of the suggested solutions have provided a fix. I really hope that there is something that I can do.

Ask a Question