Solution for frequent hanging on Windows 11 laptop

oxjenny89xo45

Reaction score
Hey, I bought a Windows 11 laptop in late 2021 with a 1TB HDD. After a few months, I started dealing with black screens, frequent hangs, and super slow loading times.

I took my laptop to the HP service store. The tech there suggested reinstalling Windows, but he recommended Windows 10 instead of 11, arguing it would work better even though my laptop originally came with Windows 11. He installed Windows 10, but soon after, reinstalled Windows 11.

He then advised upgrading to an SSD, which I did, leading to another Windows 11 reinstall. Despite the SSD upgrade, my laptop continued to hang and crash. I even upgraded my RAM from 12GB to 16GB, but the problem persists. System apps like Task Manager, Settings, and File Explorer hang or show "Not responding" messages. This ongoing issue is super frustrating, and it's making it hard to get any work done, browse, or play games.

I'd really appreciate any help or solutions for this problem. Thanks!

Ask a Question