Starting a second Windows without EasyBCD

fotosing

Reaction score
I have a rather unusual question. Does EasyBCD have to be used to start a second system located on a different partition of the same disk? Can I replace EasyBCD with something so that I don't have problems with completely removing EasyBCD from the system?

Last edited:

Bighorn

Reaction score
As I understand the desire, it is dual-booting and some type of software is needed to allow the choice of which installed OS boots up. A Search on the Internet should produce some choices.

RogerOver

Reaction score
If it ever has been a dual boot system it should be sufficient to find "msconfig" by going to "Run" or "Search", switch to the second tab called "Boot" in English (my screenshot is on a French computer) and restart
If it never has been a dual boot system or it's corrupted, then it's more complicated. Many experts now advice to stay away from dual boot with two partitions on the same disk (two different disks are fine), because of all the new boot security measures from Microsoft.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question