Strange behavior in Paint under Windows 11

blackstonetunic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 11, and I’ve noticed some odd behaviors in Paint that weren’t present before, even in Windows 10.

Here are the issues I’m experiencing:

Selection Rotation: The new Paint handles selection rotation better than before, but I’m encountering issues with pixel art. For example, if I draw intersecting black lines, I can’t fill the entire area with a new color in one click. This problem was also present in the previous version.

Pixel Counting: The toolbar used to show the correct pixel dimensions (e.g., 20x20), but now it displays dimensions as 19x19, starting the count from 0.

Color Transparency: The behavior of the primary and secondary colors regarding transparency seems different. Previously, I could select a red square on a blue background without picking up any blue. Now, this doesn’t work as expected, which might be due to a design change or a bug.

Color Bleeding: Under Windows 11, colors seem to bleed into each other. For example, pasting a black patch onto a white background results in an off-white fringe around the black patch. When trying to flood fill, this off-white area doesn’t change color as expected.

Am I missing something, or is this a known issue with the new version of Paint? I’m looking for advice on how to achieve strict color boundaries in pixel art. Thanks!

Ask a Question