Stuck as a standard user without any administrator privileges

Reaction score
I recently encountered a problem on my PC due to a command I entered without understanding its consequences. I am now stuck as a standard user without any administrator privileges, and I don't have the option to enter an admin password because there is no admin account available.
I've tried numerous solutions from various YouTube videos, but I keep running into administrator password prompts and other restrictions, none of which have helped resolve the issue. I've also tried multiple solutions from posts on this forum, but none have worked.
If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am unsure what to do next.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Might check some of the pages here, see if you can get the hidden Admin in use and change the Account type or create a new User with Administrative rights:
I'd do it Offline and make it a Local Account instead of Microsoft Account or Standard Account. It shouldn't affect Activation but caveat. The name for the new User should be at least one character different from any other/s on the computer so file and folders don't get intermingled.

Last edited:

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Type lusrmgr.msc in Run Command and enable built-In Administrator account from there and reboot the computer;

1717398667569.png

Login as Administrator and then add your current user account as Administrator, reboot and login as the previous User and you will have Administrator's privileges, from there .. re-type lusrmgr.msc and disable the Administrator account whereby you previously enabled. This is for safety precautions and unauthorised usage.

1717398766305.png

Vote:

Ask a Question