Stuck on Windows 21H2: Can't Update to 22H2 or 23H2

AppArchitect

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my Windows update. Despite trying everything, including the Windows 11 Install troubleshooter, my version is stuck on 21H2. When I check for updates, it only offers to install 23H2, but that fails. This creates a loop where Windows wants to update to 23H2 but can't because it needs 22H2, which isn't available for download.
Any solutions?

AppArchitect

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I tried the steps from the official page but I'm still facing the same issue. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter again, cleared the update cache, and tried the manual upgrade using the ISO, but it still gets stuck in the same loop.
One thing I noticed is that when I try to use the ISO, it seems to be skipping the update to 22H2 and jumping straight to 23H2. I'm worried that this might be causing the issue since it seems to need 22H2 as an intermediate step.
Could there be a specific issue with the way updates are being applied, or do you think something else might be causing this problem?

Grizzly

Reaction score
You can jump from 21H2 to 23H2 directly without issues usually (I have done it before). Why it is not working for you? I do not have the answer to that right now. more information is needed

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
W10 (any build) to W11 (any build) - possible
W11 (any older build) to W11 (any latest build) - possbile

else, use Windows Media Creation Tool and load is with the latest 23H2 ISO and burn it with Rufus -> Install

Ask a Question