This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I trued to connect my Samsung S60D soundbar to my PC using the HDMI port on the motherboard.
Initially, it worked without any issues for a day or two but then it suddenly stopped functioning. I tested the soundbar with my TV and it worked fine. However, when I checked under Digital Audio (HDMI) in the sound settings, it displayed the message "device is not plugged in."
In the Device Manager under Display Adapters I noticed a Microsoft basic display adapter with the following device status:
"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."
I'm not sure if this issue is related to the soundbar. As an alternative, I wanted to connect the soundbar to the HDMI port on my Nvidia GPU, but that didn't work either. My monitor is currently plugged into the DP slot. My motherboard is a TUF Gaming B650M-Plus WiFi.

Ask a Question