toskrnl.exe BSOD with artifacts

geologiskrk

Reaction score
Ive got 2 BSOD in the last couple weeks while playing a pc game. When the BSODs appers they whole Blue screen is full of graphic artifacts and I cant read the code. Blue screen viewer says---

Bug Check String - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Coad - 0x000000d1
Param 1 - ffff9a0b`c2710258
Param 2 - 00000000`00000002
Param 3 - 00000000`00000000
Param 4 - fffff807`36723a15
Caused by driver - ndis.sys
Caused by Address - ndis.sys+3a15
Crash Address - ntoskrnl.exe+417f80

Thank you in advance!

DrPat_86

Reaction score
Based on the error code and the driver mentioned, it seems like it's related to your network drivers. You might want to try updating or reinstalling your network drivers to see if that resolves the issue. You can download the latest drivers from your motherboard or network card manufacturer's website.

geologiskrk

Reaction score
I updated my network drivers and ALSO made sure Windows is up to date. I'll test it out and let you know if the problem persists. Fingers crossed this fixes it!

Sarah863

Reaction score
Another thing to check is your RAM. Sometimes faulty RAM can cause these kinds of issues. You can run a memory test using Windows Memory Diagnostic or MemTest86. Also, check your GPU drivers since you're seeing graphic artifacts. Update those to the latest version from the GPU manufacturer's site.

geologiskrk

Reaction score
I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it didn't find any issues with my RAM. I also updated my GPU drivers to the latest version. I'll try gaming for a few hours to see if the BSOD reappears. I'll keep you all posted.

geologiskrk

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you all an update. After following all your advice, I think I've finally solved the issue.
Updating my network and GPU drivers seems to have made a significant difference. I also monitored my system temperatures and found that my GPU was running a bit hot. I cleaned out the dust from my case and fans, and the temperatures are much better now.
I've been gaming for several days without any BSODs or artifacts, so it looks like the problem is resolved. Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions! This community is awesome.

Ask a Question