TPM 2.0

Reaction score
Found out yesterday that you cannot upgrade an older PC with Windows 10 to Windows 11 if you don't have the TPM 2.0 Encryption Security Module on your motherboard. You can check the Security section of your BIOS to confirm. Guess I missed that on the MS system requirements.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Yep, the CPU and TPM are main requirements. That was why I bought a new Notebook when Win11 was released in Oct. '21 and new Desktop in Apr. '22, didn't have any that would properly meet those requirements and needed to get familiar with Win11 for the time my clients would Upgrade. I was later given a Notebook and a Desktop from 2019 with Win10 Home that were Upgraded to Win11 but failed. I take machines for parts before throwing away but was able to get them fixed with no cost then free Upgraded to Win11.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I dont really understand the concept of implementing "compulsory" TPM for normal users, it should be done only for corporate users. Its not necessary to force Windows 11 targetting older computer not to run Windows. I don't really care about TPM or other security features since my laptop sits in my room 365/24/7 and never gets out from there :D

Ask a Question