Transfer Microsoft Authenticator to a New Device (Already Signed In)

modeltrice

Reaction score
I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Although I’ve logged into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, my profiles didn’t transfer. I backed up to the cloud as per online instructions, but since I'm already logged in on the new device, I can't find the prompt to restore from backup or the option to log out to access this feature. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app, or is there another solution I might be missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bastet

Reaction score
you’ll need to delete the app then install again, go through setup but instead of signing in choose restore from backup option.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Authenticator, and DO NOT LOGIN! .. but follow below instructions;
  1. Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new phone
  2. Open the app and select "Begin Recovery"
  3. Sign in to the Microsoft account you used for the backup on your old phone to new phone
  4. The accounts that were backed up will automatically be added to Microsoft Authenticator on your new phone
  5. Remove the accounts from your old phone
I you have synced the authenticator app to a new phone, high probability restoring old login credentials you can't !

Vote:

Ask a Question