Troubleshooting the Update 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 (KB5040527)

ceftearmaLarlph

Reaction score
I'm having trouble installing the 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems (KB5040527). Every time I power on my PC, it attempts to update, causing a significant delay in startup time.

When I try to install this update manually, I get an "Install error - 0x800705b9" message.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this issue and successfully install the update? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
If you're experiencing issues with this update, you could try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters and run the troubleshooter for Windows Update.

nhojjohn3

Reaction score
I had a similar problem after installing this update. Uninstalling it and then manually downloading it from the Microsoft Update Catalog worked for me. Just make sure to back up your data before trying this, in case anything goes wrong.

Ask a Question