Unable to complete format on SD card in Windows 11

TheAsianGuy1

Reaction score
I have a micro SD card that I used in a camera. The other day, I took a video using the card and successfully uploaded it to my cloud storage from the camera. Next, I wanted to copy the video to my computer. when I inserted the SD card into my computer, I received a message stating that I couldn't use the card until I formatted it.

Since I needed to copy the video to my computer, I clicked the format option. Unfortunately, the format process couldn't be completed, and I received a pop-up window stating that the card may be write-protected. I'm unsure how to check this, and I don't believe the card should be write-protected.
To solve this, I tried using a different adapter, but encountered the same messages. I also attempted to open the SD card on two different computers, one running Windows 11 and the other Windows 10. Neither computer could format the SD card.
I also tried to format the card using the camera, but now I'm receiving an SD error message on the camera. I'm unsure of what else to try.

Ask a Question