Unable to install Garmin Express on Windows 11 Pro

oaktrampoline

Reaction score
I’m having trouble installing Garmin Express on my relatively new Windows 11 PC. I’ve downloaded the latest version of the software, but the only option that works when I right-click the download is "Run as Administrator." After selecting that, a pop-up window appears, but nothing happens beyond that. The window disappears and no further action occurs. I’ve checked Task Manager and no Garmin-related processes are running. The PC does recognize the Garmin device, so that’s not the issue. I’ve tried re-downloading the installation file three times, but there’s no change. The installation file isn’t blocked, and I’m also experiencing the same problem with Adobe Digital Editions. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

JAY BJay

Reaction score
It could be a conflict with your user profile or a deeper system issue. Try creating a new user account on your PC and see if you can install Garmin Express from that account. If it works, the issue might be related to your original user profile.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
What is your Version of GEx? The latest is 7.23.0.0 and it does not need to be installed with Admin rights (I just updated mine)

Vote:

Ask a Question