Unable to restart DHCP (error 5)

midlaner

Reaction score
I was using a wired network today when I suddenly disconnected. The system shows that the network is not recognized and cannot connect to the Internet. When I entered the network properties to check my IP address, I found that my computer did not obtain the correct IP address. Therefore, I needed to restart the DHCP service, but when I restarted, the problem occurred. The system prompted me that DHCP cannot be restarted (error 5), so I tried all the methods I could find on Google to restart DHCP or let my computer automatically obtain the correct IP, but still couldn't solve my problem. Now I am preparing to reset my system. Before that, I would like to ask if there are any other solutions to my question besides resetting the system (which may not be effective).

midlaner

Reaction score
My attempts include but are not limited to: modifying registry permissions, modifying registry values, resetting the network in settings, changing network cables, restarting the computer, and using repair tools.

Vote:

midlaner

Reaction score
My system information
Version Windows 11 Home
Version number 23H2
Installation date 2024/9/20
Operating system version 22631.4037
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.2270.1027.0

Vote:

Ask a Question