Uninstall Sticky Notes Preview app on Windows 11

crearblogforoc2

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Recently, I discovered the "Sticky Notes: Preview" app installed on my laptop. However, upon launching it, I receive a message stating that my Windows version is not supported. Specifically, it requires Windows 10 version 1903 and OneNote version 2402, while I am running Windows 11 version 23H2.

Despite my efforts, I cannot find or uninstall the Sticky Notes (Preview) app from the Settings > Apps list or through third-party tools like Revo Uninstaller. It appears to be hidden and only accessible as a shortcut in the Start Menu > Programs folder. Additionally, it's not available for removal through the Microsoft Store. I suspect it may have come with a recent Teams update.

Does anyone know how to completely remove the Sticky Notes (Preview) app from my system? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

plastererhandmade

Reaction score
To remove the Sticky Notes (Preview) app, try using PowerShell. Open PowerShell as an administrator and run the command Get-AppxPackage -allusers *StickyNotesPreview* | Remove-AppxPackage. This should remove the app from your system. If it doesn’t work, check for any leftover shortcuts and delete them manually. Sometimes apps installed with updates can be tricky to remove completely, but PowerShell often helps with these hidden ones.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Google for SysMinion .. its freeware tool then lauch it, choose Provisioned App the click Let's Start as screenshot below. In the list you will find Windows Pre-Installed applications to be removed, choose Sticky Notes and uninstall it ..

Warning! - Use SysMinion with care, never uninstall any other apps on your own, this will lead to unstable Windows

1725526741529.png

Vote:
Reaction score
If PowerShell doesn’t work, try looking in your AppData folder for any related files. You might find them under C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Local\Packages. Look for folders related to Sticky Notes and delete them. And check if there’s an option to remove it from the list of installed apps by right-clicking the shortcut in the Start Menu and selecting Uninstall if available. Sometimes, removing remnants from different areas of the system helps with stubborn apps.

Vote:

Ask a Question