Updated graphics driver, now PC lags and FPS dropped in any game

sparklecorset

Reaction score
I recently updated my graphics driver after installing Deadlock for a play test. The game prompted me to update, and since it had been since December 2023 since my last update, I went with version 560.94. Since then, I've been experiencing lag and dropped FPS in any game I try. I’ve tried rolling back to various drivers (560.81, 560.7, 556.12, 555.85, and 551.52) using DDU in safe mode for a clean install, but the problem persists. Any advice on what to troubleshoot next? Thanks!

plumberhotdog

Reaction score
Sometimes, a new driver can cause conflicts with certain settings. Have you tried adjusting the graphics settings in your games or the GPU control panel? You could also try disabling any overlays (like NVIDIA GeForce Experience or Steam) that might be running in the background, as they can impact performance.

Reaction score
If rolling back the drivers didn’t help, it could be an issue with your Windows updates or a conflict with another software. Make sure your Windows OS is fully updated and consider running a system file check (sfc /scannow) in Command Prompt to see if there are any corrupted system files affecting performance.

Ask a Question