We didn't get any response from the device, try connecting again.

esopensabadq

Reaction score
Since upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I’ve been experiencing issues with connecting to my Bluetooth speakers. When I try to connect, I receive the message: "We didn't get any response from the device, try connecting again." Additionally, when attempting to troubleshoot, an error appears stating: "ms-contact-support://settomgs/settingspagetroubleshootbluetooth. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page."

Mickey52

Reaction score
Since upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I’ve been experiencing issues with connecting to my Bluetooth speakers. When I try to connect, I receive the message: "We didn't get any response from the device, try connecting again." Additionally, when attempting to troubleshoot, an error appears stating: "ms-contact-support://settomgs/settingspagetroubleshootbluetooth. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page."
I have found out Win11 needs up to date drivers which could be your issue. I went to AI piolet it said this

Bluetooth speakers typically use the same drivers across Windows 10 and Windows 11. Since Windows 11 is based on Windows 10, most existing drivers should work seamlessly. However, if you encounter issues with your Bluetooth speaker not being recognized as an audio device in Windows 11, try the following steps:

1. Run Troubleshooters:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    • Run the Bluetooth, Playing Audio, and Hardware and Devices troubleshooters.
  2. Update Everything:
    • Disconnect unnecessary peripherals.
    • Update your OS, drivers, and apps to the latest versions.
  3. Remove and Re-pair:
    • Open Settings > Devices.
    • Click on Bluetooth & devices.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Remove any existing devices from BLUETOOTH section .. and start SERVICES.MSC in Run Command .. check if below services is set to AUTOMATIC .. (ignore my MANUAL settings)

1722828643222.png

esopensabadq

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Mickey52 and Xploit Machine. Updating all my drivers and the OS to the latest versions resolved the issue. My Bluetooth speakers are now connecting without any problems. Thanks again for your help!

Mickey52

Reaction score
I learned from Win11 right of drivers can be the issues, glad I could help many have helped me.

Ask a Question