Windows 11 and Lifecam HD-5000 working

Guerresiup

Reaction score
I have read numerous posts on the subject. Mysteriously, my HD-5000 that worked on Windows 10 doesn't anymore. I suspect later updates might be the cause. I tested it with an HP laptop running Windows 11, and it is recognized along with the built-in webcam and does work using the Camera app. The Camera app toggles through whatever camera is attached.

I have not found the reason why it works and goes against all the Microsoft advice.

Lemmomom2

Reaction score
That’s strange. Sometimes, specific drivers or settings can cause issues. Try checking if there’s an updated driver for the HD-5000 on the Microsoft website or the Lifecam support page. Also, ensure that Windows Update is fully up to date

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
If you have full installed the LifeCam software, the double check if there's any Microsoft related updates as per below screenshot;

1722864245894.png
1722864278455.png

Vote:

JAY BJay

Reaction score
It might also help to reinstall the Lifecam software. Uninstall it completely, restart your computer, and then download and reinstall the latest version. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues after updates.

Vote:

Ask a Question