Windows 11 built in VPN server

Tron

Reaction score
Hi:
I'm trying to configure a VPN in Windows 11 with IKEv2 protocol. I have no idea where to start. Any help would be welcome.
Thanks.

I had success in making a VPN with PPTP protocol but I'd like to create it with IKEv2 protocol. What is needed for it? (I think it is necessary to make a certificate for the server and for the client too).

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Select Network Settings.

Network Settings on Windows 11

Create a new VPN connection.

Crating of new IKEv2 VPN connnection on Windows 11

Click Add VPN.

Add new IKEv2 VPN connnection on Windows 11

In the section Subscriptions look for domains of IKEv2 VPN servers, Username and Password VPN.

List of IKEv2 VPN servers

Choose:
  1. Windows (built-in)​
  2. Any connection name​
  3. Domain of IKEv2 VPN server​
  4. IKEv2​
  5. Choose User name and password​
  6. Username VPN​
  7. Password VPN​
  8. Mark Remember my sign-in info​
Configuring an IKEv2 VPN connection on Windows 11

Connect to IKEv2 VPN server on Windows 11.

List of IKEv2 VPN connections on Windows 11

Connection to IKEv2 VPN on Windows 11

Connection established successfully.

Successful connection to IKEv2 VPN on Windows 11

Tron

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

There is something that is important for me: I need a VPN server in my machine because I want the clients that connect to it the they have the same public IP that I have in my machine.

I have created on sever VNP with PTPP protocol that makes the job. The domain server I use is my public IP obtained by DDNS.
The problem that this PPTP VPN works only for Windows or Android users and not for Iphone users above IOS9 (PPTP has been deprecated by Apple).

The question is: Is it possible that clients connected using the VPN provided by "The Safefy" would navigate with my public IP? If not, the proccess you describe is not useful for me.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Thank you very much.

There is something that is important for me: I need a VPN server in my machine because I want the clients that connect to it the they have the same public IP that I have in my machine.

I have created on sever VNP with PTPP protocol that makes the job. The domain server I use is my public IP obtained by DDNS.
The problem that this PPTP VPN works only for Windows or Android users and not for Iphone users above IOS9 (PPTP has been deprecated by Apple).

The question is: Is it possible that clients connected using the VPN provided by "The Safefy" would navigate with my public IP? If not, the proccess you describe is not useful for me.

Can .. you can bypass the in-built W11 VPN and purchase 3rd party VPNs .. it will work good, as for example I also use FREEDOME .. and its up to the user's preferences .. if u like AVAST go for it and then you should compare the capabilities and reliabities :)

Ask a Question