Windows 11 Maximum Limit: 32bit/384KHz?

sijeno8y

Reaction score
I'm using an Eversolo DAC-Z8 connected to my Windows PC via USB. I've installed the official sound drivers (V5.58.0) and upgraded the DAC firmware to the latest version (v1.0.0.56). Despite this, I can't set the output sound settings to 32bit/768KHz. Windows 11 only allows a maximum of 32bit/384KHz.
According to the official specifications, my DAC supports 32bit/768KHz. Why can't I achieve this setting in Windows 11?

Bighorn

Reaction score
Speed can be an issue so would ask if the DAC requires USB 2 [black centers of the ports and plugs] or USB 3 [blue centers of the ports and plugs]. If the computer is newer the USB may be a combination of the two, may show as only eXtensible in Device Manager instead of both Enhanced for USB 2 and eXtensible for USB 3. To get full USB 3 speed all parts have to be USB 3 even though many USB 2 devices can work in USB 3 ports [except some older printers].

Vote:

Ask a Question