Windows 11 PC Won't Recognize My iPhone 15

utland5h

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently got a new Windows 11 PC and while trying to back up my iPhone with iTunes, my phone isn't recognized by the computer at all. This worked on my old laptop. I've tried three different cables and various USB ports, but I still don't get the "trust this computer" prompt. I have an iPhone 15 and have only used a USB to USB-C cable since my PC doesn't have a USB-C port. Is there any possible fix for this?

Thank you.

Bastet

Reaction score
Is the cable a genuine Apple, Apple certified third party or a generic third party cable?
Is iTunes up to date?
Try this:
Connect the iDevice with a USB cable to the PC.

Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers and choose Update Driver Software.

• Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
  • Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
  • Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
  • Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
  • Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.

Vote:

Ask a Question