Windows 11, version 23H2 (repair version) downloading stuck at 79%

staidpunish

Reaction score
I thought I could reinstall Windows 11 using the new option in Settings called "Windows 11, version 23H2 (repair version)." However, after clicking the download button, the downloading has been stuck at 79% for over three hours. I also noticed that nobody on YouTube has suggested using this "repair version" to reinstall apps and files.

I have tried using the Windows 11 ISO file to reinstall Windows 11, but the last time I attempted this, there was no option to keep all my apps. The only option was to keep my files which seemed pointless since I back up my files on an external drive.

Does anyone have a solution to this, or am I just not waiting long enough for the download to complete? Thank you

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Where did you download the "Repair Version" .. I suppose it's from some 3rd party modifier's version, and as per the original Windows ISO setup .. please run the Setup.exe within Windows itself and not from booting up installation ..

When you run the Setup.exe within Windows, you can see option to keep your current settings and files safely, where the installer will create Windows.OLD directory ..

You can safely remove the Windows.OLD via DiskCleanup utility within Windows :)

Vote:

Ask a Question