Windows 11 was functioning perfectly until an update caused issues

DebugDev

Reaction score
Recently, my system, which includes a 512 GB main drive and a 256 GB half-size M.2 drive for games storage, was working flawlessly. However, Windows forced an update while I was away, and upon waking up, I found it only booted into advanced recovery mode. Despite attempting fixes like running Disk Check (DskChk), none resolved the issue. As a final attempt, I removed my second drive, and Windows successfully booted. Yet, upon reinstalling the game drive, the system reverted to boot looping into advanced recovery mode.

Currently, I have my 512 GB drive removed and only the 256 GB drive installed. In BIOS, it correctly identifies as PM991a NVMe Samsung 256GB. However, upon attempting to boot, it still enters recovery mode. This drive exclusively stores games, and I prefer not to reset it. Unfortunately, there's no option to configure boot priority to prioritize my 512 GB main drive first and the 256 GB game drive second.

In summary, with both drives installed, the system continues to boot into advanced recovery mode after the latest Windows update.

Ask a Question