"Your IT Admin Has Restricted Access To This Item"

btvarner

Reaction score
OK, I am confounded. New PC: Dell OptiPlex Micro, Windows 11 Pro just purchased from Micro Center. Initial Windows startup process completed. Logged in under my Microsoft ID. All seems well.

Started attempting to make some changes to the PC.
Settings
Privacy & Security
Windows Security
Open Windows Security. Only a blank window opens.

Try to open "Virus & Threat Protection". Page Not Available. Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT Helpdesk for more information.

Every other option under Windows Security is blank. What the hell??????

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
First, you need to check if you have a work or school account .. Open Settings> Click Accounts> Click Access work or school then disconnect the account there ..

Repair Windows apps and Windows Defender via On Powershell / Terminal (Admin), copy and paste the command below and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

then Restore Defaults in Windows Firewall settings .. and finally download my attachment in this post and unzip it the run the batch file as an Administrator .. everything shall be fine and fixed accordingly :)

Attachments

• Restore Windows Services.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 0

Vote:

Ask a Question