Guidance for reloading Windows 11

Herbk98

Reaction score
Looking for guidance for reloading Windows 11.
HP 17" laptop; between 1-2 years old; Windows 11 Home; 500GB NVMe SSD; apparently bitlocker is running.
I believe I have been infected with some type of software which allows some form of remote admin without me ever authorizing it. However, multiple antivirus/malware scans find no problem.
I think reloading Windows will get rid of the problem, but I have not found the secret to doing that.
Tyring to reload Windows on the existing SSD, when I get to the window for drive selection, no drive is recognized. I have come to believe that is because bitlocker is running and I can't figure out how to turn it off.
I tried to replace the SSD (NVMe), but get a message indicating the computer can't communicate with it (even though I verified it is formatted NTFS on another system).
I just don't know what to do to move forward with reloading Windows 11.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
If you can still login into the computer, just use Windows Media Creation tool and re-create the latest ISO (both available from Microsoft website) .. the from the Windows itself run Setup.exe and follow instructions on Keep My Files, Settings and Applications .. bla bla bla then it will re-install the original structure of Windows itself ..

Above method applicable for botth Windows 10 and 11 :)

Vote: