Installing 2004 AutoCAD

JohnG

Reaction score
I installed AutoCAD 2004 on windows 11. It installed correctly and was used of a couple of months. One day the program refused to open. Eventually I reinstalled the program. Message said installed correctly but the program would not open to complete registration. The program will not boot at all. Tried turning off firewalls etc and reinstalling but still fails.
I might believe that the program is too old to be supported but it did install and did run very successfully.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Not knowing which Version and Build number of Win11 you are running but it's possible an update changed something in Windows. Did you try installing with Compatibility settings? Did it install and run on Win10? Haven't found much that worked on Win10 that won't work on Win11.

I haven't seen AutoCAD in many years but do have a copy of DeltaCAD 3 and DeltaCAD 4 from the late '90s that work without being installed, run as Portable Apps from any drive. Same for ClarisWorks 5 office program from '97.

1714876535625.png

Last edited:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Try run the program as Administrator or compatibility with previous version of Windows ..

Ask a Question