Azurewebsite popup virus issue

VirtualVirtuoso

Reaction score
I'm dealing with a persistent Azurewebsite Popup virus that keeps appearing every three minutes, despite trying several methods to remove it. According to online sources, both Malwarebyte's and Malwarebyte's Adware, and MS Defender, should eliminate it. However, this hasn't happened. I've also used Microsoft Safety Scanner, but none of these tools detected any infections. The popups persist without fail every three minutes, which is incredibly frustrating. What should I do next?

KinkkiN22

Reaction score
One thing you can try is resetting your web browsers to their default settings. Sometimes, browser-based malware hide in extensions or settings.

JAY BJay

Reaction score
Hi VirtualVirtuoso, another approach is to check your startup programs and scheduled tasks. Malware often sets itself to run at startup or creates scheduled tasks to reinfect your system. You can use tools like Autoruns to see everything that's configured to start with your system and disable anything suspicious. Also, check your network settings for any unwanted changes, like rogue DNS servers.

tautisle

Reaction score
If the popup persists, it might be embedded in a less obvious place. Try running a scan with ESET Online Scanner, which can sometimes detect hidden threats other programs miss. Additionally, inspect your browser extensions manually. Sometimes these popups are caused by malicious extensions that standard scans don't catch. Finally, consider creating a new user profile on your computer to see if the issue persists there. If the new profile is clean, you can migrate your data over and delete the old one.

Ask a Question