Ctrl Keys Not Working in Windows 11

ByteMaster

Reaction score
I'm using a Lenovo laptop and have been facing an issue where both Ctrl keys stop working. This problem has been ongoing for a while and occasionally resolves itself, only to return later. I've tried various solutions found online, but none have worked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

ByteMaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! I did check the Sticky Keys settings and both Sticky Keys and Filter Keys are turned off. The issue persists... Any other ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
It could be hardware related (the keyboard itself) or Windows.
Before changing the Keyboard, I'd first Swap out the HD with another one with Windows xx on it.
That could prove that it's not Windows related, and then I'd change the keyboard, if possible. On some laptops, that's just not worth the hassle. Been there, and done that!!!

Then there's always the CMOS battery, which when low can cause all sorts of weird problems. Again, on some laptops, finding, testing or replacing the CMOS battery can be a job for a trained Computer Tech.

Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Ask a Question