Error 0xc1900101 cannot install windows update

antiquebandanna

Reaction score
Hi! I’m trying to install the latest Windows 11 update through Windows Update, but I'm getting error 0xc1900101. The installation process initiates, and after a few restarts, I receive the following messages:
"Attempting to recover installation"
"Undoing changes made to your computer"
Windows Update displays error 0xc1900101. How can I fix tyhis?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Not all Windows Update releases works with everyone, and you may try Windows Media Creation Tool and re-install Windows (not boot up method) select Keep Setings, Files and Application asit is .. this method always works :)

DanTheShield

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there!

Error 0xc1900101 usually points to a driver issue. The best way to tackle this is to update all your drivers before trying the update again. Here's what you can do:
  1. Open the Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and selecting "Device Manager."
  2. Check for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark. These are the ones causing issues.
  3. Right-click on each one and select "Update driver." Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.
After updating the drivers, restart your computer and try installing the update again. This should resolve the issue. Let me know how it goes!

davehc

Reaction score
Hi! I’m trying to install the latest Windows 11 update through Windows Update, but I'm getting error 0xc1900101. The installation process initiates, and after a few restarts, I receive the following messages:
"Attempting to recover installation"
"Undoing changes made to your computer"
Windows Update displays error 0xc1900101. How can I fix tyhis?
"Hi! I’m trying to install the latest Windows 11 update through Windows Update"
What is the number/designator of the update. Something like Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036893)

Ask a Question