Windows 11 updates or fresh install

Clayton76562

Reaction score
Hey my pc amd ryzen 3900x few years old and running windows 10 for Nearley 2 half years .

As of lately pc start up very slow I was told to upgrade to win 11 but was also told that to do a fresh install .

But also to be careful the way that I do things bcos for 1 thing the “tpm” not supported for amd .

And not sure exactly the best way to do this and if it will indeed make the Pc work better

Clayton76562

Reaction score
had this desktop pc for 2 and half Years running windows 10 . As of lately the pc takes 2 and a half mins before windows loads up . Then when logging in the desktop hangs and takes mins before all icons load . Then when restarting takes like 3-4 mins before it restarts .

I have had a several professional people in different ways to diagnose an issue with my problems . malware bytes techs / also seagate and wd hard hdd health checks

Paid / open source / sys internals / freeware apps to check most common issues processes start up etc

My system is connected to an icy box with 10 hard drives . 60TB all up .

When I turn the icy box off and just turn pc on it boots straight away and loads and restarts within 45 Seconds

I was told to do a test with just os c drive and ruled out the actual hdd damage

I seek more help in finding best way to go about next step . I was told to try windows 11 but the tpm with amd ryzen has the error and also says can cause more errors if trying to bypass and **** with the bios ?

Was told a fresh install of windows should fix problems but amd ryzen bios settings and drivers and registry settings can become more issues ?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
the problem is "My system is connected to an icy box with 10 hard drives . 60TB all up"

the Operating System on the main bootable drive seems fine ..

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I'm sorry, that probably wasn't all that helpful.

When any OS slows down, it's usually do to a lax or non-existent Garbage Collection, routine.
Just like we (hopefully) take out the garbage in our homes, we also need to do some garbage collection and removal in our computers. Temporary Internet Files can stack up faster than junk mail or old newspapers.

Back in Win-XP days, I wrote myself a little batch file, "XPCleanup.bat" to help me keep my PC clean and running at peak performance. Recently I found that old Batch File, and I found it did not match the paths where garbage files hide in Win-11.
So a total re-write of the program was required. After a week of trial and error, more trials, more errors, and finally success, I ran the finished product last night and it removed 130,600 temp files and other garbage. That was from just a few days.
I shudder to think what that number would be if I had not done any garbage collection for, lets say, 6 months, or even a year. o_O
So I think about that when someone comes on a forum and says that their PC is running SLOW.
As a retired PC tech, I think back to when I'd clean up a customer's PC, and hear them say, "Gee! It didn't run that fast when it was new!" (I know. It's what I do)

So, if your PC is slowing down, consider doing a Cleanup, before pulling the plug and opting for another OS.
Win-11 takes up more space and system resources than 10, 8.1 or 7. So if you're looking for more speed, Win-11 is NOT the answer. I only upgraded to Win-11 myself, because my old OS was breaking down on me.
Cheers mates!
:cool:

Ask a Question